What Is Aging in Place?
November 7, 2014
An important factor for many prospective homebuyers in the Northern Virginia area is finding a home that they will be able to grow into. At Sekas Homes, we offer many aging in place features in our custom built homes, to ensure they are a space you can enjoy for many years to come.
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) defines aging in place as: The ability to live in one’s own home and community safely, independently, and comfortably, regardless of age, income, or ability level.
We believe that when you spend the time and care designing a custom home that is uniquely you, it’s something you should be able to love for many years.
Learn more about aging in place in Northern Virginia with Sekas Homes by filling out the form to the right or giving us a call at 703-594-7449.
Our Aging in Place Features
We offer many features designed to make life easier as you age, including:
- First-floor master bedrooms â one of the most popular aging in place features in our homes is the ability to have a first-floor master bedroom. Since stairs can become a burden as you age, having your bedroom on the same floor as the kitchen and entertainment areas aids in an independent life.
- Additional railings â we can add additional railings and hand-holds throughout the house, as necessary, to offer more support.
- Ramps â particularly in entryways, having ramps can be crucial to aging in place. At Sekas Homes, we can add ramps in place of stairs in many areas of your home.
- Non-skid flooring â to help prevent the risk of slipping and falling, we can install non-skid flooring throughout your home.
- Grab bars in the bathroom â in addition to handrails throughout the house, we can add grab bars in the bathroom. This can be particularly important for bathing and getting up and down.
- Walk-in showers â curbless, walk-in showers make aging in place a breeze. In addition to this, we can install hand-held shower heads to make bathing even easier.
- Elevators â at Sekas Homes, our highly skilled architects and engineers can even design your home to include an elevator to make getting from the basement to the upstairs as simple as the push of a button.
- And more!
Because we are a custom home builder, not only can we build luxurious estate homes, but we can completely design them around your needs and lifestyle. Set up an appointment with one of our highly experienced designers to discuss which aging in place features will be perfect for your home.
Design Your Custom Home Today
If you want to design a custom home that is built around you and your needs, contact the experts at Sekas Homes. We have been building high-end custom home for discerning buyers in the Northern Virginia area since 1987, and you can rely on us to provide the excellence and attention to detail that your home deserves.
Contact us online or by phone at 703-594-7449 to schedule a design meeting.