Building the home you’ve always imagined doesn’t have to be a dream anymoreâwith custom home building, you can work with a team of exceptional designers and architects to craft something that truly reflects your needs and lifestyle. But is building a custom home the right option for you? Keep reading to learn more about custom vs. production home builders.
To learn more about building a custom home in Northern Virginia, call Sekas Homes at 703-594-7449 to schedule a consultation!
Custom Builders vs. Production Builders
Before you think about building a custom home, you first need to know the difference between a custom builder and a production builder.
A custom builder, such as Sekas Homes, is one that caters to creativity and, in most cases, luxury. Custom builders do things such as:
- Build on a lot you own or a lot they own.
- Build one-of-a-kind custom homesâmany custom home builders also offer a variety of floor plan options that can be built as-is or fully customized.
- Build single-family homes.
- Build a smaller volume of homes, therefore allowing them to spend more time and attention on each project.
- Build high-end luxury homes.
A production builder is one that produces all types of homes, fit for many different types of lifestyles. They do things such as:
- Build on land they ownâgenerally in communities.
- Use stock floor plans that have minimal options and choices for customization.
- Build all types of housing, including single-family homes, townhomes, condominiums, etc.
- Build a large volume of homes every year, including multiple immediate-delivery homes.
- Build homes for all price ranges.
Building Your Custom Home: Custom Design vs. Pre-Made Plans
At Sekas Homes, we offer three main options when it comes to building a luxury home with us:
- Selecting one of our award-winning floor plans
- Choosing a floor plan and customizing it to suit you
- Creating a completely custom home design
There are different advantages to each option and one is most likely more suitable to your lifestyle, design preferences, and overall needs. Weâll compare your three plan options below:
1. SELECTING A PRE-MADE FLOOR PLAN
There is nothing wrong with a pre-made floor plan, especially one that is stunningly done and suits all of your needs. Our talented team of builders and designers has crafted many award-winning floor plans that are both functional and beautiful, and one of them could be absolutely perfect for you with no changes necessary. If that is the case, and you find a floor plan you love, this is the perfect option for you.
2. CHOOSING A FLOOR PLAN AND CUSTOMIZING IT
Many homeowners find that the plan they like is just almost perfectâthis is where working with a custom home builder will really start benefiting you. You can tell your design team what youâd like to change, add, or alter in the house to make it ideal for your lifestyle and needs, and they can work with you to seamlessly fit everything into the plan.
With this option, you need to ensure youâre very careful with the âcutting and pastingâ methodâyou donât want to create your floor plan so that you have to walk through a bedroom to get to another one. Consult with your design team and work closely with the architect to make sure this sort of problem doesnât occur.
3. Designing a Custom Plan
Perhaps working off of a plan doesnât suit you and you want to describe your ideas to an architect and see what they come up with. Perhaps you want your home to be truly one of a kind. Whatever you want, a custom builder can provideâgiven the lot youâve purchased is suitable for your demands. However, keep in mind that designing a completely custom home will take a little bit longer and will require more of you than selecting a ready-made plan. Make sure you have the time and energy to commit yourself to this project. No matter which option you pickâusing a plan, customizing, or starting from scratchâ youâll be able to create a home that is exactly what youâve always dreamed of.
Turn Your Dreams into a Reality Today
Contact the experts at Sekas Homes today to get started on the home of your dreams! We’re just a phone call away.