Grill like a pro with these seven simple tips.
May 31, 2019
Don’t’ you just love how everything tastes better when it’s cooked on a grill? We sure think so and these tips should help you master the art of grilling:
- Use real wood if you can. It just makes everything taste better. If you don’t have a wood-burning grill, add hardwood to your regular grill or put wood chips in your charcoal grill.
- Room temperature or cold meat? Experts say to keep your meat refrigerated until ready to grill.
- Flip once. Not only do you get the expert looking grill marks but it helps you keep track of cook time. Use tongs instead of a fork to turn meat…keeps the juices in.
- Season your meats before you grill.
- Proper prep separates the pros from the amateurs – a well-oiled and cleaned grill is a must. Once hot, scrub the grate with a wire brush then rub it with oil. Scrub again when you’re done grilling.
- Know when it’s done – you can use a thermometer for large cuts of meat and your finger (soft and squishy it’s rare, firm and springy it’s well-done).
- Rest the meat before serving – it’ll taste better!