Virtually any potential concern in your home will be infinitely easier to address and fix before construction begins. Which is why it’s incredibly important that you and the builder are completely on the same page before construction begins. That’s why, at Sekas Homes, we’ve created a basic pre-construction checklist for our homebuyers.
Do you want to learn more about our production process? Contact us today by calling 703-963-7676.
Our Pre-Construction Checklist
The following checklist is a helpful resource for keeping track of important items that you’ll want to confirm prior to construction starting on your new home:
- Check the location of all the rooms, windows, and doorways – including which way the doors swing and which doors will get locks
- Check all locations for outlet, switch, cable, internet, telephone jack, etc.
- Verify the location of light fixtures, such as chandeliers
- Verify the fireplace locations, as necessary
- Check the location of the washer and dryer
- Check the height of all finished floors and porches
- Verify the building materials being used throughout the house, including carpets, hardwood, tile, etc. don’t forget to check the material being used for porches, decks, and patios
- Check all bathroom and plumbing locations
Our New Homes in Northern Virginia
Sekas Homes has been building luxury new custom homes in Northern Virginia for close to forty years. We are a full-service custom home builder that focuses on quality and energy efficiency. We offer exquisite high-end options as well as renewable resources, such as ENERGY STAR products and appliances.
Our skilled builders can walk you through every stage of your home, including design, pre-construction, closing, and more. Contact us today to learn more about our custom homes in Northern Virginia!