Your Custom Home Pre-Construction Checklist
Virtually any potential concern in your home will be infinitely easier to address and fix before construction begins. Which is why it’s incredibly important that you and the builder are completely on the same page before construction begins. That’s why, at Sekas Homes, we’ve created a basic pre-construction checklist for our homebuyers.
Do you want to learn more about our production process? Contact us today by calling 703-594-7449.
Our Pre-Construction Checklist
The following checklist is an excerpt from our free eBook, Designing Your Dream Home: A Buyer’s Guide to Building a Custom Home:
- Check the location of all the rooms, windows, and doorways – including which way the doors swing and which doors will get locks
- Check all locations for outlet, switch, cable, internet, telephone jack, etc.
- Verify the location of light fixtures, such as chandeliers
- Verify the fireplace locations, as necessary
- Check the location of the washer and dryer
- Check the height of all finished floors and porches
- Verify the building materials being used throughout the house, including carpets, hardwood, tile, etc. don’t forget to check the material being used for porches, decks, and patios
- Check all bathroom and plumbing locations
To read the complete list or find out more insider tips for designing and building a custom home in Northern Virginia, download our free eBook! Other topics covered in Designing Your Dream Home include:
- Choosing between a custom builder and a production builder
- A guide to going green
- Determining your needs vs. your wants
- Building on your own lot vs. a lot the builder owns
- And much, much more!
Our Custom Homes in Northern Virginia
Sekas Homes has been building luxury custom homes in Northern Virginia for over 20 years—in fact, our first home began construction in 1987. We are a full-service custom home builder that focuses on quality and energy efficiency. We offer exquisite high-end options as well as renewable resources, such as ENERGY STAR products and appliances and solar panels.
Posted July 30, 2013