Once drywall is hung, your house will really begin to take shape—but before you reach this stage, there are a few things you should check with your builder before drywall goes up, including things like room dimensions, outlet placements, and more. At Sekas Homes, we understand that you expect the best from your luxury custom home, and that’s why we have a thorough pre-drywall checklist for you to go over before the next stage of your home’s construction begins.
Contact Sekas Homes today to learn more about our custom home building process in Northern Virginia—our number is 703-963-7676.
Custom Home Pre-Drywall Checklist
Here are some of the things you should check before your home goes into drywall:
- Check the room dimensions with your builder.
- Ensure that all the closets—including bedroom, hall, and bath closets—are in the correct place.
- Check all light switch, outlet, cable, internet, and phone line placements.
- Verify the door swings for each room, and check to see if they will interfere with any light switches or sockets.
- Make sure all your light fixtures and ceiling fans are going to be in the correct location—especially things like recessed lighting, chandeliers, and wall lighting.
Designing a Beautiful NEW Home in Northern Virginia
From drafting the blueprints all the way to moving into your new home, there is a lot of time, effort, and expertise that goes into design/building your new home. At Sekas Homes, we’ve been helping discerning homeowners make their dream homes a reality for over 20 years. Whether you want to build a home in one of our beautiful communities or build on your own lot, we can cater to your needs and lifestyle.