What Is Custom Home Building?
April 30, 2014
Many discerning buyers set out to find the home of their dreams only to be let down by the selection on the market. If you have selective taste, it may be impossible to find exactly what you’re looking for in an existing home—what you need is a beautiful custom home builder to bring your vision into reality.
At Sekas Homes, we design and build some of the finest luxury homes in Northern Virginia. Our award-winning designs have earned us the reputation as one of the area’s premier builders. If you want to build a custom home in Northern Virginia, contact us today by calling 703-594-7449.
What Is Custom Home Building?
A custom home builder caters to creativity and luxury. If standard dimensions and ordinary finishes won’t do, a custom build could be the answer to achieving your dream home.
What are the options?
Sekas Homes can accommodate many situations, including:
- Building on your own lot
- Building a single-family home on a lot Sekas Homes owns
- Building a one-of-a-kind custom home using a template floor plan as a starting point—you can choose to build upon that floor plan as-is or fully customize it
- Using high-end materials to construct a luxury home that suits your tastes
Unlike production builders, Sekas Homes completes a smaller volume of homes every year, allowing us to spend more time and attention on your individual project. We definitely focus more on quality than quantity to ensure each of our customers is 100 percent satisfied.
What types of features are found in custom-built homes?
While the sky is the limit in terms of what you can include in your custom home, some of our custom home features include:
- Three-car garage
- Exterior stone and brick accents
- Architectural columns
- Masonry walkways
- High-quality roofing materials
- Two-story foyers
- Large gas fireplaces with intricate mantles
- Oak staircases and railings
- French doors at the entry and around the home
- Elegant crown molding and wainscoting
- Ceiling medallions
- Stone countertops
- Stainless steel appliances
- Luxurious master bathrooms
- Energy efficient features
How do you know custom home building is right for you?
If you’re not sure custom home building is the best option, ask yourself a few questions. If you answer âyes,â then you know the best way to achieve your dream home is through custom home building:
- Are you a good decision maker? Without a cookie cutter mold to adhere to, you are in charge of deciding every aspect of your custom home.
- Do you have time to enjoy a custom home? After spending the extra time and effort to build it, you want to be around enough to enjoy your new home.
- Can you hand over control? While your opinion comes first, you need to be flexible if your requests don’t comply with material availability or building codes.
- Do you enjoy being part of an ongoing project that is subject to change? Building a home is an exciting project to be involved with. Just remember that things can change along the way.
Learn More About Custom Home Building
If you want to learn more about building a custom home in Northern Virginia, contact the experts—Sekas Homes. Our award-winning team can help you understand what a custom home entails and whether or not building one is right for you.
Contact us online or by phone at 703-594-7449 to schedule a consultation!